Fat Loss Cavitation
bookings available Thursdays + Sundays with Dr. Corrales
Ultrasound cavitation is an FDA approved, 30-40min ultrasound technology treatment used to break down fat cells below the skin. It’s a non-surgical method of reducing cellulite and localized fat. This is not a weight loss treatment so you will only lose the weight of fat lost.
*The client does experience an inner ear ringing while the machine is in use.
A cavitation device uses ultrasound and RF (Radio Frequency) technology to break down fat cells in your body. Basically, heat and sound waves are used; they penetrate your skin and then break down the stubborn fat, convert it into small pieces, and then convert it into a liquid substance that then leaves your body mainly through your lymphatic system or your urinary tract.
Important Info Before Booking
How will I acheive the best results?
2x/ week is recommended for best results.
Appointments are available on Thursdays and Sundays only.
One course of treatment is 10 sessions.
Length of appointment will depend on client’s BMI, and one to two treatment areas are included each session (i.e. abdomen, thighs, hips, arms, face), barring that there are no contraindications.
The ultrasound cavitation treatment will often give immediate results which you can feel, touch, and see, and it can be long lasting. Some clients can experience between 1 to 4 cm. of circumference reduction after a single session with increasing results after more visits. Multiple sessions are usually required. Speed of results varies individual to individual.
Where on the body can the treatment be done?
The abdomen, waist, back, thights, hips, upper arms, and chin. This procedure can’t be performed on body parts like the head, chest, and other bony areas of the body.
Cavitation CANNOT be performed if you have any of the following:
- Transmissible Disease
- Heart Disease
- Cancer (all forms)
- Anyone undergoing chemotherapy/radiation/or immune therapy
- PICC line/Pain port/Intrathecal Catheter/Medi-port/Port/Stint/Epidural Port/Stimulator
- Lupus-Autoimmune diseases
- High blood pressure (uncontrolled)
- Diabetes (uncontrolled)
- Keloid scarring
- Excessive pigmentation
- Vein inflammation
- Prednisone/other steroid medications (treatment will increase inflammation in these cases)
- Chemical peel and laser resurfacing
- Recent surgery (must wait minimum 3 months)
- Lap band ports
- Breast or other implants (treatment can’t be done over those areas)
- Gold teeth/gold fillings/ Dental implants (treatment can’t be done over that area)
- Metal IUD
- High cholesterol (uncontrolled)
- Bleeding disorders
- Any metal in body such as metal hip/knee replacement (treatment can’t be done over that area)
- No treatment three days before menstrual cycle and no treatment during menstrual cycle.
Possible Side Effects
Possible side effects can vary from person to person
- Headache for a few hours after treatment
- Slight nausea
- Possible slight bruising
- Increased urination
- Possible detoxification resulting in increased sweating
- Feeling high energy
- Increase in metabolism
- Mental clarity
- Possible loose stool
- Possible relief from aches and pains
- Lymphatic drainage
Who is an ideal candidate for cavitation rf Treatment?
Anyone who is not considered medically obese. It is meant for those who want to shed those few extra pounds. This treatment is not for those severely overweight.
Another candidate for treatment who would greatly benefit from Cavitation RF treatment are those who have had tummy tucks or BBL procedures and need lymphatic drainage and massage to avoid fibrosis after surgery. This method of treatment can also be used to relieve aches and pains, results will vary person to person.
How does the machine work?
The Vacuum RF therapy system uses suction and pressure to release fluids in the fat cells that cause cellulite. Along with Radio Frequency energies to create superficial and deep healing of connective tissue fibers, dermal collagen fibers and fat cells. These energies soften the connective tissue and stimulate the production of new collagen for improved elasticity and resilience. Vacuum RF Therapy can be done over the entire body, although the most common areas are thighs, buttocks, abdomen, and upper arms.
Radio Frequency Body Contouring heats the skin to over 104 degrees which safely and comfortably minimizes the appearance of cellulite dimpling and fatty bulges, while tightening the skin and improving the contours of the target area. At the deepest level, the RF alters the network of connective tissues that hold the fat cells in place, pulling them closer together so that the cellulite does not bulge out and create the well-known rippling we associate with celluite. RF also targes the fat cells themselves, causing them to shrink in size, which as the effect of slimming down the target area.
Before + after treatment
- Drink plenty of water before treatment and at least 32oz after treatment
- No food one hour before and after treatment
- Avoid alcohol consumption 2-3 days after treatment as alcohol can prevent the liver from working as it should to remove fat as it will make alcohol metabolism its priority before fat removal and could slow your results.
- Try to avoid caffeine the next day after treatment as caffeine dehydrates, making it harder for your body to flush itself out. If you are going to drink caffeine, increase your water intake by another four cups of water in addition to the 32oz of water you should drink after treatment.
- After treatment, you should do 20 minutes of exercise to stimulate the lymph movement.
The loss of fat through Cavitation and RF should not return unless you eat a high fat, high carbohydrate diet. In which case, what you eat will again turn to fat and re-inhabit the area of fat that was previously removed. It is recommended that you eat low carb, low fat foods for healthy maintenance.
Will I lose weight?
Ultrasound Cavitation and RF therapy is NOT a weight loss treatment. It is specifically for fat and cellulite reduction. Having said that, fat has weight. Once that fat leaves the body, you will see the weight loss of that fat.
Is cavitation rf treatment safe?
Yes. This treatment modality is FDA approved for the removal of fat and cellulite from the body.
Benefits of Cavitation RF Treatment
Body shaping & contouring
Skin tightening & toning
Before + After Photos (after 3 treatments)
BMI of this client is 29.9
After three treatments: 2 inches of fat loss and 3lbs. weight loss